From our friends at RotoRooter, here are tips on keeping your plumbing happy & healthy....your house's plumbing not your internal plumbing...that's another article!
Tips to help you prepare your home’s plumbing system for the Fall:
- Check all outside faucets for drips and leaks and make necessary repairs.
- Remove leaves and debris from all yard drains, gutters, downspouts and window wells.
- Disconnect outside water hoses. If left connected, water in the hoses can freeze and expand causing faucets and connecting pipes inside your home to freeze and break.
- Cover outside faucets using a Styrofoam faucet insulation kit available at home centers.
Tips to guard against drain disasters:
- Never put pumpkin pulp or seeds down the toilet, sink drain or in the garbage disposer.
- Throw away pumpkin-related materials in the garbage can or compost pile.
- Separate the seeds, then roast for a tasty treat!
Creating the Perfect Guest Room....
This is my Hot Topic for November! Make sure to check out the DeAnna On Design pinterest page for product ideas & the latest DeAnna On Design podcast for more info.
What's New w/DeAnna?
Until next time...Happy Thanksgiving!!! deanna :)