“You expected to be sad in the fall. Part of you dies each year when the leaves fell from the trees and their branches were bare against the wind and the cold, wintry light. But you knew there would always be the spring, as you knew the river would flow again after it was frozen. When the cold rains kept on and killed the spring, it was as though a young person had died for no reason.”-Ernest Hemingway
High Point Spring Market
Here's what I saw:
.....LOTS of tufting. Seriously, I think we're about to jump the shark on this trend. It was everywhere!
.....ottomans & poufs in every size, shape & color
.....Made in America was hot & many new manufacturers this year as opposed to previous years. VERY excited about this!
For more on my thoughts, here's the audio from the DeAnna On Design radio show on High Point Market.
Summer Plumbing Tips:
- Summertime drain backups are common because sewer lines are more susceptible to root intrusion during hotter months as tree and shrub roots seek moisture.Consider applying Roto-Rooter Root Destroyer® if you've previously had root issues.
- With 24 states experiencing drought or abnormally dry conditions so far this summer, municipal water supplies are being strained. There are many simple ways you can conserve water around the house without really noticing a difference. Check out these room by room water conservation tips from our ROTOGreen page.
- Warmer weather also calls for more frequent grilling and cookout gatherings. Do not use your garbage disposal for high-fiber foods like corn husks and leftover bones as they can cause serious clogs.
Consider the following to keep your drains flowing freely as PLUMBING corresponds w/MONEY & WEALTH according to Feng Shui!
- Regular use of a drain maintenance product will clean your drains before they back up. We recommend a biological-based product like Roto-Rooter® Pipe Shield ® rather than the harsh lye-based products that can harm your pipes.
- Be conscious of what you are putting down your garbage disposal. Never put hard-to-grind items like peels and bones in the garbage disposal. These items can easily clog your drain.
- Experiencing odor issues? Run a lemon wedge and ice cubes through the garbage disposal once a month. This will keep it fresh, clean and working well.
- Use a bent coat hanger with a hook at the end to remove all the visible hair, gunk and grime from bathtub and shower drains. After, try using a drain cleaner to remove remaining gunk clinging to the sides of the drain.
- Keep plugs in sinks. This will reduce the chance of something accidentally going down the drain that can cause an issue.
- Clean out P-traps under sinks annually. This is not a pleasant thing to do, but it is very helpful in preventing clogs.