Helping you DESIGN the Life of Your Dreams DeAnnaRadaj...Helping You Design the Life of Your Dreams From the Outside In
GREAT show! A BIG thanks to Ada Duffey of Milwaukee Lead/Asbestos Information Center (www.mlaic.com) & Dana Wilson (show friend) of Safeguard Home Inspection for sharing such phenomenal information on this new law. Here we go:
As of April 22, 2010 contactors/homeowners/landlords are required to "renovation work will be regualted when performed for compensation in a swelling or child-occupied facility built before 1978 and it disturbs 6 sq ft or more of INTERIOR paint/stain per room or 20 sq ft or more of EXTERIOR paint/stain and/or involves windows. This includes rental property owners & management companies and their employees:
WOW-this was one of my favorite shows!! Carol Look is a pioneer in the field of EFT & trains & coaches people globally on abundance, getting rid of limiting beliefs & using EFT to help unblock them.
EFT (Emotional Freedom Technique) is based on Chinese accupuncture, but instead of using needles, you use your fingers to "tap" on 9 defined energy points: the "karate chop" point of your hand, between your eyes, side of eye, under your eye, under your nose, your chin, your collarbone, underneath your arm & then top of your head. You tap in the same order every time. (Carol's book, Attracting Abundance w/EFT has pictures & statements to help you "tap" & unblock your limiting beliefs. There's also tips on how to personalize something to a specific incident). What's important for this to work is that you MUST be IN the emotion of feeling whatever it is you want to do away with (ex: you get a sick feeling when you think of your debt/bills, this feeling keeps abundance at bay so you want to "tap" & unblock this feeling. You then would "tap" when you are feeling this. Continue to do until the feeling lessens).
Carol states that abundance is "energy" and to attract more of it, we must "keep our energy surrounding this issue (or ANY issue) up & raise the vibration around it." To do this, Carol has created some Abundance Games that she shared with us (and in her book, as well as a tip for me in the selling of my house):
Gratitude Walk-go out for a walk around the block, in your neighborhood...and notice things that you like/love & give thanks for them. A cute dog playing, birds singing, flowers blooming, nice neighbor...However, for this to work what you are being grateful FOR must be TRUE! You can't state that you are thankful/grateful for your neighbor if this is someone you dislike. This also works for selling a house (yes, I'll try this tonite) and a job that you don't like so much. Walk around your home and/or office and do the exact same steps.
the "Guess What" letter-Write a letter to someone that will be excited & supportive of you when you achieve something that you're working on (new job, selling a home, new client, car...whatever). Write a quick note stating: Dear DeAnna, GUESS WHAT? I got hired by that company I was telling you about at 3x my normal rate.....Do not send, but the act of writing it out & raising your vibration will help shift the energy. When it DOES happen, go ahead & send.
Gratitude Journal-Carol suggests writing out at least 10 things every night before you go to bed that you are grateful for. I do an abbreviated version of this with 3 things before I go to bed at night. It totally helps shift your perspective & gets you out of your "bad mood" & helps you to relax.
Carol's parting words were "You must AFFORD it in your mind FIRST before it will appear materially in your life".. meaning, you must FEEL that you deserve whatever it is you dream of having/doing before it can be brought to you. Remember the Law of Attraction is working ALL THE TIME and brings you what you ask for! Carol also stated that there is 1 thing you can do immediately to start feeling more abundant, and that is being APPRECIATIVE for what you already have. Do not get bogged down by the news of LACK & SCARCITY that is in the news & being portrayed everywhere-yes, times are bad & worse for some, however, there are still millions being made & spent out there, people are getting hired & getting raises...It is up to YOU to control YOUR thought process & YOUR reality. Be grateful for what you DO have & work from there.
To reach Carol, get lots of "freebies" & find out more about EFT & her work, go to:
www.attractingabundance.com You can also follow Carol on twitter at www.twitter.com/carollookeft
Carol is AWESOME & EFT is really worth checking into to help "unblock" you & get rid of limiting beliefs!
What an AWESOME show today! I learned a lot & am now ready to run home & check my gutters...good grief, the exciting life I lead...
1) The effects of ice damming, if you had water penetration and what to look for inside and outside now that the snow has melted. Ice damming is actually the snow compacted against your roof that is melting due to the warmth coming from the house & the cold of the outside air/snow. This melting snow can get underneath the shingles (especially if damaged/missing), the roof paper or into your gutters and then back up. You MUST make sure gutters are sloped properly, clear & clog-free, no missing/broken shingles. If you have ice damming, there will be water marks on ceiling or walls of home, a "waterfall" of ice overflowing from a gutter that is clogged or damp walls even down to the basement!
Dana also stated that you need to be VERY CAREFUL when breaking off the icicles as the weight can pull down a gutter, smash a window (one of Dana's clients!) or injure yourself!!
2) Spring is a good time to look for water penetration from basement to roof. Water will take the path of lesat resistence and work its way down from the roof to the basement. Dana used the example of an ant farm as an illustration...Check your foundation for water tracks or damp walls. If you have this, you want to make sure your yard is sloped away from the house foundation: 1-3" sloped AWAY from the home at least 3'. You can use dirt or bark mulch...NO STONE unless you use it OVER dirt that is properly sloped. Proper home ventilation is key here as well-your home needs to breathe! (This will be a topic for an upcoming show). If you have concrete around the foundation of your home, no landscaping, Dana suggested sealing this with caulk to prevent water seepage.
3) Time to start thinking about air conditioning. Make sure the unit is LEVEL-unit should also be on a sturdy platform, such as a concrete/stone platform and not on dirt as this can cause unit to sink. Remove any/all debris that has accumulated around it. Turn unit on & let run for 30 minutes. When running, the unit should sound like any other household electrical appliance-no scraping or "funny" noises, if so, call an expert to check it out. After running for 30 minutes, take a thermometer and check air temp coming out of vent, it should be a nice cool temp (approx 55-60 degrees). Again, if any problems, call for a tune-up. You also need to check the foam insulation around the copper tubing that runs to the outside unit-make sure it's still intact.
4) Insects that come out in the spring. Bees, carpenter ants, termites & other assorted pests start to "swarm" in spring to find new homes to nest in. They are attracted to damp environments, hence the importance of catching ANY water damage ASAP! If you have an insect problem, deal with immediately & then check for cause (ice damming, leaky roof...)
5) Punch list of things you wish you did before last winter hit so you budget throughout this year and be better prepared for next winter. Check your roof, any tree/branch overhangs, foundation "issues", grading...all the good stuff to be better prepared for the coming year. Dana also suggested 2 things: ALWAYS get 3 estimates to "keep 'em honest" and for any project (especially the big, expensive ones) consider hiring an inspector to oversee the work to make sure corners aren't being cut & that work is being done properly. This added cost will help to save you thousands of dollars & time & energy spent dealing with a major problem (i.e. not cleaning out gutters can cause you to have to pull out drywall, insulation & maybe repair your roof for not hiring someone to get up on your roof to clean a gutter and/or fix some shingles...). There are even companies that just do spring & fall maintenance work & take care of this for you. It can well be worth the couple hundred dollars to save your thousands down the road!
Dana Wilson is the owner of Safeguard Home Inspection & Paragon Land Developement Co in PA. Contact info is 412-670-3904
Enjoy & CLEAN THOSE GUTTERS!!!