Helping you DESIGN the Life of Your Dreams DeAnnaRadaj...Helping You Design the Life of Your Dreams From the Outside In
Just a note to let you know that FINALLY we are ready to launch Design YOU-niversity!!! Based upon the Bante Design mission & vision statements:
The Bante Design LLC VISION... ...is to continue creating healthy & supportive indoor spaces that help increase life quality & independence, and support our client's lifestyle, goals & dreams. Through the use of Integrative Lifestyle Design principles & techniques, we will continue to help people "design the life of their dreams" by increasing global awareness of the impact their indoor environment has on their daily life. The Bante Design LLC MISSION... ...is to improve the relationship people have with their indoor living & working spaces on a global level. By implementing Integrative Lifestyle Design principles & techniques in all of our designs & training other design professionals & DIY-ers to do likewise, Bante Design LLC will continue to be a leader in creating healthy, balanced & supportive spaces that empower people to become more PROACTIVE in their lives & help them to "design the life of their dreams."
...Design YOU-niversity is a year long offering of workshops that help YOU "design the life of YOUR dreams"! We are going to be offering these classes in a casual setting of a wonderful coffee house in Charlotte. I'm also working on a VIRTUAL version of this as well as I work out the kinks of the program...however, the classes I've chosen for this program are based on feedback from past events & workshops, as well as trends & my studies so I can offer current info that has been proven to work. I can't wait to share!!
To start things out Coffee, Bagels & Clutter-Busting is set for November 3rd...Here's the info:
Coffee, Bagels & Clutter-Busting
Come join DeAnna Radaj of Bante Design LLC at Mama's Coffee House on Main St in Pineville, NC for some Coffee, Bagels & Clutter-Busting tips! Based on Ms Radaj's workshop, Organizing Your Inner Pack Rat, join her as she shares WHAT your stuff says about you, how WHERE it accumulates can affect your health/relationships/goal achievement, & some easy to implement tips that you can implement right after class ends!
Cost is $25 & includes the workshop, coffee, bagels & breakfast paninis served by Mama herself! You can also hear more about Design YOU-niversity, a new year long program to help you "design the life of your dreams"!
Contact us here if you have any questions.
RSVP by Wednesday, November 1st, 2012
Location: Mama's Coffee House, 716 Main St, Pineville NC
I'm looking forward to seeing you!! DeAnna :)
Just a quick post this week...as the weather is becoming cooler (kudos Mother Nature on the spectacular FALL you are providing us in Charlotte by the way!!), football overtakes our weekends & the stores are stocking CHRISTMAS (really?) items...our thoughts are starting to plan for the holidays. We'll look at some ways you can prepare & make your home festive & welcoming for the holidays.
First off, I want to look at the FAMILY Life Area (Feng Shui, the FAMILY Life Area is located on the LEFT wall, center 1/3. If you're new to Feng Shui & the Bagua Board listen to this intro episode on the Feng Shui Fabulous radio show & see the blog there for more info). If there's any "issues" that come up over the Thanksgiving dinner table or you & your siblings go back to being 5 yr olds throwing tantrums THIS is the life area you want to look at. Once you locate this area, DECLUTTER it! You know the steps (if not, go here).
This life area is activated by the WOOD element, the color GREEN & the shape of RECTANGLES. You can also use personal symbols such as family photos, cherished family heirlooms or items from fun family vacations. This leads us to what I wanted to focus on today: Family Photos! One of the big issues I see when I work w/my design clients (or even a friend or family member's home) is how pictures are displayed. A couple here, 1 over there...there's no cohesion or theme. The following are some tips I offered for an interview awhile back that I thought would be good to re-post to help promote a COHESIVE family unit!
How to DISPLAY Family Photos:
(1) Where is the best spot to hang a photo collage? Any spot where it will serve to support you...Ideally by your desk, or if you 'd like to employ Feng Shui principles, hang in the RELATIONSHIP Life Area. This area is the FAR RIGHT corner of the room when standing at the doorway looking IN. If this is to be hung in a home, hallways, family rooms & living rooms are best spot for a photo gallery.
(2) What size frames look best in a photo collage? A variety of sizes to add interest-largest one in the middle to serve as a point of focus/interest. If you want a "cohesive" look, make sure frames are same color & same material.
(3) What types of frame colors look best in a photo collage? To highlight the PICTURE, a frame should be minimal-either clear or black-something to create a border & definition. A thin, less than 1", border works best to highlight pictures.
(4) Should home owners mix and match the size and color of the frames in their collage? Why or Why not? Size yes, color...not so much unless you want to highlight the frame or pictures are blk/wht. Otherwise, it can be too "stimulating" & distracting from the pictures.
(5) About how many photo frames should be hung to make the best impact? Can't answer w/out seeing space where they to be hung & size of pictures. A general rule is ODD numbers to create interest & in shape of diamond (1 in center w/other photos radiating out) or in an X. For those that are very "linear" in their thinking, then think in even numbers & hanging in squares & rectangles for support & balance.
(6) How high off the floor should home owners hang their photo collage? I personally like photo walls & galleries in homes/rooms & try to apply in my client's spaces when possible. Then you can go floor to ceiling....If you don't have that many photos or just want to highlight a few, then hang at least 42" off floor & up 3' (3.5'x 6' of space to work with).
(7) What types of photos look the most striking in a photo collage? Anything that is distinctive & high contrast. Anything that is blurred, muted colors require people to get "up close" to look at photos & depending how the furniture is arranged or room is space-planned, you may not be able to really see what is being pictured. I like to group either ALL blk/wht or ALL color.
(8) Do you have any other tricks for making a photo collage really pop? I think collages act as artwork in the home & should be treated as such. Make them a focal point! Otherwise, why display them. Display in places where people can see & enjoy them. Choose frames that are flattering & highlight the photo. Only use "kitchy" frames (with sayings, lots of detail...) for pictures that you are displaying individually so as not to take away from the collage as a whole.
LOTS going on here in the South w/Bante Design LLC. We've got a couple of workshops & LIVE events coming up which I'm really excited about, as well as a MAJOR project that will be debuted in early 2013! Stay tuned. Until next time...D :)
Just a quick blog today as I've got to catch up on some work from some AMAZING networking events! LOTS of very cool opportunites here that I can't wait to see what materializes...More to come. Meanwhile, here's an update on a NEW design program that we're offering...Special LAUNCH pricing ENDS on Friday, October 5th, 2012 at 11:59p est if you're interested
Bante Design LLC…helping you INTEGRATE your personal & professional lives into a well-balanced WHOLE through healthy home design!
Do you CRAVE more BALANCE in your PERSONAL & PROFESSIONAL life? Do you find yourself thinking about work when you “should” be relaxing with the kids? Do you find yourself daydreaming about your significant other when you”should” be working on tomorrow’s presentation? Let Bante Design LLC help you “design the life of your dreams”!
Our new design service helps you accomplish the above in a laser-focused analysis of the BEDROOM and/or the OFFICE. This Well-Being Balance Design Analysis uses:
Ask us for details & to schedule!
Bedroom ONLY $500 (regular price $750)
Office ONLY $500 (regular price $800)
Well-Being TOTAL Pkg (Bedroom & Office) $750 (regular price $1250)
***Special pricing EXPIRES on Friday, October 5th, 2012 at 11:59p est***
Bante Design LLC***www.bantedesign.com***info@bantedesign
Here's an interview I did for Pet Business for October on retail design/display tips. Click here to read, the cover story article starts on page 64. Enjoy!
Remember to follow us on Facebook & Twitter! Until next time...DeAnna :)