Better late than never, right? Here goes from last week's Color Chronicles episode on the color RED:
- RED is the nearest light wave we see, with the highest vibration & energy
- RED relates to fire, passion, desire, love, danger, anger, guilt, sex, sin & associated w/the devil in ALL cultures
- RED is associated w/danger/sex in RED Light Districts, SCARLETT letter
- RED personalities are extrovert, boastful, stand out in a crowd, aggressive, overtly sexual, assertive
- Men are drawn to ORANGE-based RED (review our show on ORANGE as well as that's the color of passion/sex) so it's no wonder...
- All cultures use RED
In healthcare setting, RED has been show to increase the autonomic response on an EKG reading as it increases blood pressure, blood circulation and heart rate. Your body temperature has been shown to rise 3 DEGREES in an all RED room...hence no RED in the bedroom if you want to sleep there!
RED is associated with the ROOT Chakra-which is our "fight or flight" response, it's related to survival.
In Feng Shui terms, RED corresponds with the Success/Luck area of the Bagua Board which you use to activate your social standing in the community/work, highlight achievements, increase recognition, reach to greater heights. RED is also used for the RELATIONSHIP area for those in legally-binding relationships: marriage, business partnership.
Chromatherapy, which we've discussed on previous shows, can work wonders to help warm you up (or more romance, increase confidence...) but beware of using RED in a bath as the visual isn't the best. Use LED lights in your spa tub or the RED bath from Colour Energy.
RED scents include: cinnamon, spice, pepper, cherry, wasabi, strawberry, apple, raspberry
Tara recommends the book "Principles of Color & Light" by Edwin Babbitt to learn more.
Next up on the Color Chronicles is the color PURPLE for abundance on March 21st!!!.....DeAnna