Quick show today...here are some tips for your HOME office, or office space at outside work location:
- You can utilize the WEALTH/ABUNDANCE, RELATIONSHIP, SUCCESS, CAREER & HELPFUL PEOPLE Life Areas to promote positive energy for your office space.
- WEALTH/ABUNDANCE is activated by the color PURPLE/METALICS, the WATER element and free-flowing/organic shapes. Personal accessories should be of success, wealth & abundance-so you must think about what represents these things to you! One of my friends thinks of fields of sunflowers to represent abundance, to me, it's the beach...what does abundance & wealth look like to YOU?
- RELATIONSHIP is activated by the color RED for legally-binding (incorporated or business partnership), PINK if a solo-preneur or free-lancer, ORANGE/CORAL if solo-preneur & want a partner. The EARTH element, the shape of a square, EARTH items (stones, tile, figurines, globes...).
- SUCCESS is activated by the color RED, the FIRE element adn triangular shapes. Items such as diplomas & certificates should be displayed here, as well as any trophies/awards you have received.
- CAREER area is activated by the color BLACK, the WATER element & free-flowing/organic shapes. Your business logo, cards or other business representation s/b placed here!
- HELPFUL PEOPLE is activated by the color GRAY, the METAL element and teh shape of a CIRCLE. Items here include pictures of you & your staff, clients, vendors or other business associates (this can also go in the RELATIONSHIP area as well!). If you want more spiritual help, metal figurines of angels & fairies can also be placed here. If this isn't your speed, metal windchimes will work as well!
Your desk/office needs to be CLUTTER-FREE! Everything must be up & off the floor. If something is not applicable to WORK & your office-setting (i.e. laundry to be folded, unused exercise equipment, children's toys...) it must GO! Your office needs to project a SUCCESSFUL BUSINESS person, not a "starving artist" or someone who approaches work as a "hobby".
Next, look at what your office furniture says about you...Is it damaged? Are there tears in the seats? Fix them or get new furniture that states you are to be taken seriously. Can't afford new furniture? Then get slipcovers and/or sand & stain the furniture. You must work in an environment that is supportive of you as a SUCCESS & worthy of succeeding.
Inspirational artwork (think Successories) or inspirational quotes that are painted on the wall (I love doing this as a border!) help to create a wonderful work environment.
Your desk should be placed in the Power Position of the room (diagonal corner facing IN to the room) as this is the most psychologically secure place). You should NEVER face a wall (blocked opportunities) or a window (too many distractions). If you can't help but face a wall, then have detailed artwork placed there to help "draw you into" the picture and not have you facing a "brick wall" and blocking you. A picture of a mountain should be hung behind you to give "support".
If you really want to maximize Feng Shui energy in the space, tie a red thread (yarn, string) in 9" increments (9, 18 or 27") around the hand-set of your phone to activate your "phone ringing off the hook" with new clients & orders.
Employ these quick tips with the intention of a steady & strong business....Good Luck!