***This weekend is THE perfect time to clutter-bust all closets, drawers, under the bed, desks & garage! Room to focus on is the KITCHEN as it corresponds w/wealth & abundance in Chinese philosophy of Feng Shui.***
As for myself, the holidays were a total rollar-coaster, from a dental surgery on Dec 23rd, the result of an accident 2 yrs ago (!) & having to eat soup for a week, to FINALLY buying a new home in my warm weather dream location...it was definitely one for the books. More on the move as that progresses, but I will say it will be nice to a) unpack my stuff that's been boxed in anticipation of this move for 2 yrs...another Christmas if you will, & b) to go furniture shopping for this new home that truly reflects the new upleveling that's been occuring in my personal & professional life. Yes, 2012 is off to a great start. I hope it is for you all as well!
So, will all of this in mind, I can now shift gears for the next holiday approaching...no, not Super Bowl Sunday ( sad face due to the Packer loss this past Sun...good grief that was ugly), but Valentine's Day. As you all know, designing bedrooms is one of my passions...& since ROMANCE is 1 of the 2 activities that should be represented in this room (REST is the other), here are some tips you can implement into your bedroom decor, whether you're attached, looking or single:
***And remember that Bante Design LLC offers a Designing the BEDROOM of Your Dreams room package & hourly consults to help create a personal sanctuary in your bedroom!***
- Things need to be displayed in PAIRS (2s). Nothing in 1s or 3s
- Use RED if legally attached, PINK if single & looking for a relationship & CORAL/PEACH if single & looking for just sex
- Integrate ALL of the 5 senses: taste, touch, sound, sight & hearing for a truly sensual space
- Know what REPRESENTS romance/passion to YOU...NOT what society says romance s/b. If you like the beach, place symbols of the beach around, if it's a garden of blooming roses, have bouquets of roses/pics of roses.
- If attached, display pics of you & your sweetie happy & smiling
- Get rid of any "clutter" from past relationships or that you don't love, use or need.