Some BIG announcements here that I'll announce right off the bat. After much deliberation I have decided to close my design company, Bante Design LLC at the end of November. Due to a variety of things happening both personally & in the economy as a whole, this is the right decision at this time. HOWEVER, that doesn't mean that I'm "going away"! I will be working on a vairety of partnerships with some amazing people/coaches to bring my unique take on design & its impact on your mental, physical & emotional well-being...along w/a new personal project & re-branding called Design LEAN. Watch for the announcement! I will still be writing this blog & maintaining the www.deannaradaj.com page...So never fear!
I've also been asked to teach for various groups which I'm VERY excited about as I love to teach & share & inspire others to become more PROACTIVE in their lives & empower them to "design the life of their dreams" & actually LIVE it! What fun...
Some shame-less self-promotion & a HUGE honor...I have been asked to be a presenter at the inaugural Voices of the Industry conference to be held in April 2013. I'm extremely honored to have been chosen & look forward to New Orleans (& Cafe du Monde for beignets!) & seeing my feloow designers there.
Now...here are some easy-to-implement tips for holiday decorating no matter the size of your space:
- Use color (red, green, purple, metalics...) to convey your holiday theme rather than a bunch of chach-kis that just clutter up the space
- Change out artwork & replace w/winter or holiday themed pictures
- See above & change out towels, throw pillows, accent rugs, welcome mats & dinnerware
- Switch your candles/aromatherapy scents to include: cinnamon, pine, spice or other earthy/woody scents
- Use WINTER colors to replace the fall color scheme in any accessories (pillows, throws, curtains, accent rugs/carpet tiles-which is a GREAT way to change up a room!). This includes: winter white, berry red, hunter green, amethyst/purple, burgundy, silver, gold.
- Centerpieces made of flowers, pinecones, holly sprigs, branches, nuts & holly berries
- Heavy-weight textiles for curtains, pillows, throws, table linens-think velvet, cashmere, wool, satin, suede.
- Clean the windows & let as much natural light shine in as possible.
- Place mirrors at 45 degree angles to windows-that have a GOOD VIEW-to help disperse light in the space
- Use essential oil Environment Sprays in "WARM" scents: cinnamon, vanilla, orange, pine, spice
- Stick to a THEME in your decorating (snowmen, penguins, santas...) otherwise it can look too chaotic & disjointed.
Happy Thanksgiving to all my US peeps!! Eat lots, enjoy your family & friends & remember to GIVE THANKS for all that you've been given...If things are tough right now, & I know they are for many, try to think of at least 3 things that ARE good in your life (warm bed, love of your family/friends/pet, food in the cupboard, good health...)...it IS easy to get mired in the garbage of what's happening in the economy, society & politically here, however, it is imperative that you maintain some sort of positivity in YOUR environment as that is, in the long run, the only thing that you REALLY have total control over. Gobble, Gobble! DeAnna :)