Helping you DESIGN the Life of Your Dreams DeAnnaRadaj...Helping You Design the Life of Your Dreams From the Outside In
This is me at the Kohler booth w/my new MOXIE showerhead! Click here to find out more about this state-of-the-art, wireless, bluetooth synced showerhead. I'll post more about this when I have it installed. #moxie
Well, as I'm now in the midst of one of the worst ice/snow storms the South has seen in over a decade, I'm comforted by the warmth of my memories from Vegas & KBIS (Kitchen & Bath Industry Show). This is one of my FAVE trade shows of the year & one I look forward to attending & speaking at. I've been honored to be asked, since its inception, to be a speaker in The Voices of the Industry series of workshops. This year I got to introduce 2 topics that are part of my Designing the Business of Your Dreams division of workshops/sessions for the trades, small businesses & entrepreneurs. This year I gave the Business Etiquette & Marketing 101 workshops. The interaction by all participants & reception I was given was awesome!
The other part of KBIS which I look forward to is the parties! And while these are professional & all for networking, a good time is had by all. Below I've included a slideshow of some of the photos I took from the NKBA Meet & Greet I was invited to at The Las Vegas Hotel in the penthouse suite, lovingly referred to as "the Elvis suite". It was over the top fabulous. All I can say.
I've also included the link to my recent DeAnna On Design podcast about KBIS if you prefer to listen.
This is what I found as the HOT trends & products this year:
- The main focus this year was on TECHNOLOGY. Technology of the faucet & showerhead & heating implements integrated into tubs. Wireless showerheads (the Moxie), lead-free gaskets in faucets....it's a tech geek's dream.
- Granite is still one of the most requested countertops, although more & more solid surface countertops are being shown w/some new laminates & eco-friendly options being shown. Granite is still king though.
- LOVE Insinkerator's new steaming hot faucet!! a) whoever did the promotion for their KBIS booth was a genius teaming up w/Starbucks & VIA & Tazo Tea to introduce the new styles & b) it can be installed w/a 4 hole sink (i.e. doesn't require a separate sink, just install in place of the soap dispenser). I even had a great discussion w/the rep about incorporating WINE here...stay tuned!
- Found a fab new line of electric fireplaces that are the size of a big screen TV. One style even has a stand that you can move & place around your home wherever needed. No venting means you can inset it into your wall just like a built-in, you just need access to electric.
- And my absolute FAVORITE item from KBIS is from Armstrong Flooring. I not only have Armstrong flooring in my home & LOVE it. They introduced a new line called American Scape which is made right here in the USA & are the exclusive flooring partner for Home for Our Troops. This is a wonderful line of engineered & solid hardwood flooring, that's made in the USA w/American workers & gives back to our service men & women. Fabulous.
Here are some other scenes from KBIS....
Want to hear the podcast regarding KBIS & DeAnna's experience? Just click on the Eco-Shui Woman link to the left for the DeAnna On Design podcast on blogtalk radio!
The "Elvis" suite at the Las Vegas Hotel where we had a networking event....
With all the craziness that's been occurring the past few months, I think I'm finally caught up. New twitter & facebook page are done & all connected. Make sure to follow us! I'm also re-introducing the Design the Business of Your Dreams series of workshops & have devised 2 design sessions that can be done via the web, like the design consults. Fill out the CONTACT US page if you'd like more info & would like to schedule.
So until next time...stay warm & safe! DeAnna.....:)