The other part of KBIS which I look forward to is the parties! And while these are professional & all for networking, a good time is had by all. Below I've included a slideshow of some of the photos I took from the NKBA Meet & Greet I was invited to at The Las Vegas Hotel in the penthouse suite, lovingly referred to as "the Elvis suite". It was over the top fabulous. All I can say.
I've also included the link to my recent DeAnna On Design podcast about KBIS if you prefer to listen.
This is what I found as the HOT trends & products this year:
- The main focus this year was on TECHNOLOGY. Technology of the faucet & showerhead & heating implements integrated into tubs. Wireless showerheads (the Moxie), lead-free gaskets in faucets....it's a tech geek's dream.
- Granite is still one of the most requested countertops, although more & more solid surface countertops are being shown w/some new laminates & eco-friendly options being shown. Granite is still king though.
- LOVE Insinkerator's new steaming hot faucet!! a) whoever did the promotion for their KBIS booth was a genius teaming up w/Starbucks & VIA & Tazo Tea to introduce the new styles & b) it can be installed w/a 4 hole sink (i.e. doesn't require a separate sink, just install in place of the soap dispenser). I even had a great discussion w/the rep about incorporating WINE here...stay tuned!
- Found a fab new line of electric fireplaces that are the size of a big screen TV. One style even has a stand that you can move & place around your home wherever needed. No venting means you can inset it into your wall just like a built-in, you just need access to electric.
- And my absolute FAVORITE item from KBIS is from Armstrong Flooring. I not only have Armstrong flooring in my home & LOVE it. They introduced a new line called American Scape which is made right here in the USA & are the exclusive flooring partner for Home for Our Troops. This is a wonderful line of engineered & solid hardwood flooring, that's made in the USA w/American workers & gives back to our service men & women. Fabulous.
Here are some other scenes from KBIS....
The "Elvis" suite at the Las Vegas Hotel where we had a networking event....
So until next time...stay warm & safe! DeAnna.....:)