Here you go:
7 Energy Saving Tips To Help Your Budget Survive The Coming Winter from SurvivalLife
From Roto-Rooter plumbing professionals:
Fall Maintenance Tips for Your Home
Fall has arrived and cooler temperatures are upon us, which means winter is just around the corner. A few quick and easy preparations now can help prevent the need for unexpected repairs throughout the upcoming winter season. The skilled plumbers of Roto-Rooter are available to assist you with any of the following suggestions. Tips to help you prepare your home's plumbing system for the Fall:
- Check all outside faucets for drips and leaks and make necessary repairs.
- Shut off exterior valves if your home is equipped with them and drain water from outside lines. For added protection, you may also want to cover outside faucets using a faucet insulation kit.
- Inspect your water heater for proper operation, as it works harder in the winter months. Set the thermostat to 120 degrees for optimum performance and to prevent scalding.
- Clear leaves and debris from gutters and downspouts to ensure that water drains away from your home's foundation.
- Insulate pipes in unheated areas, such as garages and crawl spaces.
- As temperatures begin to drop, make sure to disconnect outside water hoses. If connected, hoses can freeze and cause faucets and connecting pipes to freeze or break within your home.
This is THE perfect time to work on these projects BEFORE the weather turns for the worse...no matter where you live (unless it's in the SOUTHERN hemisphere for my global peeps...then refer to our SPRING tips!). Have fun! DeAnna :)